DIY Room Decor

For the last couple of months I have been keeping my mind occupied with decorating my room. As long as I have lived here I have never had the want it passion to add my personality to my room. I woke up one night and said why the hell not.  I chose a Paris/Fashion theme.


Everything about Paris to me is fascinating. The fashion, the decor, the buildings they all read beauty to me. 

My is starting to look amazing, I'm no where near done and I want to add more over time.  If it's done right decorating your space can be relaxing and stressful at the same time.  I thought I would give a few tips to creating your dream room.

Step 1
Coming up with a theme.  Think about what type of feel you would like in your space.  I chose Paris/Fashion. Paris is beauty, and fashion balled into one. Another way of coming up with a theme is search the Internet.  Browse through different sites such as IKEA, Bed, Bath & Beyond.  See what catches your eye.

Step 2
Incorporating your personality and your hobbies to your theme.  I am a cosmetic nut. I also love fashion, hair and anything that allows me to be creative. Adding these things will personalize your space.

Step 3
Decorating your room can be very expensive.  Try to not buy all of pieces at the same time.  I mean if you got it alike that then do you boo,  if not then piece by piece.

Step 4
Keeping your cost down.  A good way to save money is DIY projects.  Creating your own decor gives you room to be as creative as you want as well as it keeps your mind occupied.

Step 5
Take your time.  There is no rush. You have all the time in the world to make your space beautiful.

Step 6
Budgeting.  A great way to save money is looking for sales, using coupons, and pricing.  If you find something that is a must have, trying searching to see if you can purchase the item on a different site for a cheaper price.

Step 7
Nothing has to be perfect.  It's ok not to be perfect.  Try mixing and matching different patterns and colors to add that to your decor.  This personalized your space how creative you are.


I did tons of searching the web for different ideas.  When a thought popped into my head I would search and search until I found what i wanted or something similar.

The sites I used to add to my decor.
-Amazon
-Wayfair
-IKEA 
-Lowes
-Hobby Lobby
-Joann's Fabric
-Etsy
-Homegoods

Remember to take your time.  Don't rush.  If it's something you are not feeling it's ok to change it.  This is your space and you have to live in it.

"Let the world see you smile."
 



Comments

Popular Posts