Depression.... How do you cope?


I actually wrote this awhile back in my other blog.  Decided to repost...




Until now I never understood the effects of depression until now.  I assumed that it was something where you feel sad, but eventually you come back to your normal self.  I was wrong.  People who deal with depression really struggle.  They are not sure how they have gotten to that point, and they just want it to go away.



I realized just recently that depression is just like any illness and could very well kill you without you even trying.


How do you fix a person who is dealing with depression and all the other things that come along with it?


I am not sure of what the answer is.  I can't cure you but I am here to listen.  If there is something that is hurting you so bad and you need someone to talk to... I am hear to listen.  I don't claim to know it all but what I do know I will share with you.


Is there really help for those who suffer from depression?


I wish I knew the answer to that.  What I do know is you can't throw medicine at it and expect it to go away. You can't choose to self medicate and expect the issues to go away.  When you come down from that high or awake from your drunken stooper, the problems are still there.  In the end the drugs and alcohol  and the prescriptions so more harm than good.  If you choose to self medicate or over medicate you can lose a whole lot more.. Possibly your life......


So what do those who love you do if you hurt yourself?


If you do things that could possibly end your life it doesn't just hurt you, it hurts the ones who are close to you as well.  They will have to live their lives think what if? What would have happened if I stepped in?  Those that love you will have tons of unanswered questions.  


If you feel as if you are suffering from depression and you are doing things that could possibly harm yourself or those around you, please reach out for help.. Life is hard for is all but it can't rain forever......

Comments

Popular Posts