DIY Chanel 5 Perfume Bottle

Have you ever woke up in the middle of the night with an idea? An idea that won't let you rest until it is complete?... That was me in September.  I came up with the idea of decorating my room.  I wanted something that screamed me for once.  The idea that I got was.....


Yep that's how it popped in my head... Big and bold... LOL. 

Paris to me is Beauty, Fashion, Trendy, Sexy, Romantic.... You know all that stuff.
What I wanted to do was combine what I love and tie it in with the Paris theme.

Now when decorating your room things can be really expensive.  The things I wanted to add to my decor had huge price tags.  What I decided to do is make some of the decor myself.  I started with creating my own Chanel Bottle.


I wish I would have documented everything I did so you can see the step by step.  It was my first project like this so I wanted to be sure it looked right.

With this project you can use things that you already have at home.  I chose to use different items.

What You Will Need
Styrofoam 
Gold Glitter 
Silver Glitter
Mod podge Glue
Craft Knife
Glue Gun
Glue Sticks
I also used the cap from a medicine bottle.

I purchased all of my items from Walmart.  You can also find them at your local craft store.

Making your Chanel Bottle
I started with cutting out all of my pieces.

After cutting out and setting up your pieces. It's time to whip out your handy glue gun. 

Starting with the Chanel Perfume bottle top.

-Glue the styrofoam that you cut out to the medicine cap. (As shown in the arrows)

-You want to hold these pieces together until they are dry (with a glue gun that doesn't take long)

-The next step is your silver glitter and mode podge glue. Use your fingers or a paint brush to spread the glue evenly over the top of your bottle. I would suggest doing a little at a time for better results.

-Take your silver glitter and sprinkle over the top until it's to your liking. once done set it to the side to dry.
 
It should look like this when your done.


While that is drying, it's time to start on the bottle.


-Follow the same steps that you did for the top but instead use your gold glitter. Again spread the glitter around to your liking.  Once done set to the side to dry over night.  



Once they are both dry you can now take your handy glue gun and glue your perfume top and perfume bottle together.



-Now this next step is up to you.  Go online and search for Chanel 5 perfume bottles ...



-Cut out the center of the bottle (the label)

-Using your Mod podge or glue gun glue the label to the center of your bottle.

 
Allow to dry and your DONE.

It's up to you if you would like to add a bow or not.  I left mine as is.

Quick Tips
-This can be a messy job with all the glitter.  Be sure to lay something down to catch the fall out.

-After the glitter dries tap or shake the piece to get rid of some of the fall out.

-To prevent tons of fall out once each piece dries take a paint brush and go over the glitter with your mod podge (It dries clear so no worries).

-You can also go to YouTube and search for DIY Chanel Bottles and watch to see how it's done.

THAT'S IT!!!!

"Let the world see you smile."


















Comments

Popular Posts