Formation

I was going to post this on Friday,  but since I didn't post anything on yesterday I figured why not today.  I think there will be a part 2.

Firstly, let me say this.  Who ever the person who does the marketing for Beyoncé is a marketing genius.  Saturday the video drops for Formation (bomb), Sunday she performs the same song at the Super Bowl halftime show (awesome), directly after the performance she has an announcement for the FORMATION WORLD TOUR (Genuis). I enjoyed watching Cold Play, Bruno Mars, and Beyoncé perform together, celebrating the all those who have performed before them.  It was an awesome halftime show.  Great job guys.




I am not a football fan, but I enjoy watching the halftime show. Like most people in the world (sensible people) I took in the performance and enjoyed watching history in the making. I danced to Bruno Mars and I got my giggle when Beyoncé almost fell.  She still slayed though... LOL


After watching the performance I scrolled through my FB timeline and became instantly disgusted at the comments made.

Let me say this before I go any further.  The performance held a political message in regards to what we are seeing in the world today (Black Lives Matter, and equality for the LGBT community).  Instead of catching the message or even saying damn they did an awesome job.  You saw post like; "what kind of weave is that?", "why she do this, why she do that?" You know the regular shit haters do. 

Here is what I don't get, why is it we and "black people", "brown people", people of color in general find it necessary to point out bullshit?... Instead of applauding the performance and seeing it for what it was. Just sayin... LOL.

Ok so back to what I was talking about.  After the performance I scrolled through my timeline and I saw this:

I was confused but I thought maybe he was saying she did the damn thing.  LOL.  Then I saw his next post. It pissed me off.

By all means I am a Beyoncé fan don't get it twisted.  What pissed me off was that fact that he had the balls to post it. Yes it's his page or whatever (in my Cardi B voice), but why would you post some mess like that.

Let me give you the history on this person and why I was following him on FB.  The guy who posted this is related to one of my family members (long story, don't ask). This guy is a retired Police Officer, and I believe now he a Police Officer with GW.  When I say that if you looked up "Redneck" in the dictionary you would see his face.  I won't say he is racist because I don't think he is like that. Well at least I hope he is not.  I think he has racist tendencies.  LOL.  The reason why I say I don't want to think he is racist is because my family member he is related to is bi-racial, and so is her brother. So having a seemingly colorful family I would think he knows better. Seeing some of his post in the past year, I am slowly but surely changing my mind. Quick question, when realizing that someone who is "like family" how do you address their behavior? I've asked my family member if this character on FB is really him or is it just for show.  She basically doesn't pay the negative crap he puts out there any mind. Which leaves me to believe he is a fool for real.. LOL.

Back to the show...

Here is what I don't understand, why is it that the moment an African American makes a bold statement such as Black Lives Matter the world ("white america") gets upset? Why is that the moment we stick up for those who can't speak for themselves it's a problem? 

My mom and dad were both police officers. My brother is a police officer, and I have uncles who were deputy sheriffs and so on. So I get it about Police Officers.  I am also a civilian who has access to social media.  I see the videos of the police brutality and murders of young boys. I am on both sides. So in my mind all lives matter.  It hurts me when anyone looses their lives to something that could have been resolved differently. Not all cops are corrupt and not all black people lie, steal and kill.  In my eyes right is right and wrong is wrong. Regardless if you are wearing a badge or not.  If you do something wrong you should take responsibility for it.  MAN UP.

Again I ask why is it that the moment someone says Black Lives Matter, it's a problem?

Why is it that when we want to show our Black Pride it's questioned and threatened?

Why are people so threatened by Black Pride?  What's wrong with having pride in ones self and self worth?

Why is it that instead of understanding where it came from, you call her a race baiting bitch? Why is she a bitch?  

Could it be the truth hurts?  Are we suppose to continue to let things go the way they have been going?

What did Martin Luther King Jr and all those before us fight for? 

The performance paid homage to the Black Panther Party and to Black History. Our history.  People love to find the negative in something without getting all the facts.  


REALLY? 

The Black Panther Party and the KKK are not the same thing. The message was for  Black Pride and Pro-Black but not to be confused with anti-white.  Hence there were several races that graced that stage.  The KKK spewed hatred for anything or anyone who was not white.  The Black Panthers became fed up with the history of violence against our people.  It wasn't hate, it was the need to fight back for the wrong that was being done.

The performance also shed light on what we see in the news today.  Whether you like it or not our world needs to change. 

For those ignorant individuals who found the negative in the performance and didn't learn something from.  I pray that you get it together one of these days.  Grow up and look around and see what the world is really like.

Growing up I was always taught to be respectful and mindful of people's feelings.  I was also taught to not see people for the color of their skin but for the content of their character. I still abide by that to this day.  Even though I am constantly judge on what the color of my skin represents (we will get into that on a later day).

But for the haters though.  I state again the performance from all the artist was amazing. 



"Let the world see you smile."
















Comments

Popular Posts