Unready with me.... Night time routine

                                        
I have never had any real skin issues.  I have never gone through the severe acne that some get.  In fact I rarely get pimples.   I may have a pimple once in a blue moon, mainly when I get my monthly cycle (period bumps).   Other than that not too many issues with acne. 

The only issue I have ever had with my skin is a bout with eczema.  This I have had since I was a kid.  My eczema would find the weirdest places to show up.  I would be on my arms, legs, neck and my face.  When I would have a "break out" on my face it would be around my eyes.  I hated that.  The itching was horrible.  I would scratch at my skin until it was red and sore.  As I got older I discovered that Cortizone10 really helped with the itching and the redness.

As I have gotten older, I have noticed that my skin type has changed.  For the longest I had really dry skin.  I still have dry skin all over my body, but as I have gotten older my face is weird...lol... I have gone from dry skin to I guess what you would call combination skin. 

Combination skin occurs when two or more different skin types occur on your face at the same time. Typically, combination skin is when some parts of your face are dry or flaky, while the center part of your face, nose, chin, and forehead (called the T-zone) is oily. Combination skin can also describe conditions where wrinkles and breakouts or rosacea and dry skin are present at the same time.

In my case my issue is right in my T-zone, mainly my nose.  I swear my nose can be so oily that I can wipe my nose and it looks like I have been playing in baby oil. LOL.  Since I wear makeup, I feel the need to be sure that my skin is very well taken care of.

My Routine:

1. Remove all makeup.  Never go to bed with your makeup on.  I can't stress this enough.  After wearing makeup all day the last thing you want to do is sleep in it.  Your skin needs time to breath and leaving on clogs your pores.  To remove my makeup I use Neutrogena's Makeup Remover Cleansing towelettes. 

2. Wash your face.  Yes using the makeup wipes takes your makeup off, but you wanna be sure it's all gone.  When you go to bed it's best to have a nice clean canvas.  Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash.
I start by applying warm water to my face, then applying the facial wash.  I need to see my face wash lather up before I rinse.  Depending on my makeup day I may rinse and wash again.

3. Exfoliate.  I choose to do this 3 times a week, not every night.  Using Simple Smoothing Facial Scrub
I rub this into the skin.  This can be done with your hands or with a facial brush. After the entire scrub, I rinse with warm water and allow my face to air dry.

4. Toner.  After my face dries, I spray ANDALOU Naturals to my face.  I use my fingers to pat it in to my skin concentrating under my eyes and neck area.  This product it took some getting use to because I didn't like it at first, but now it's pretty good.

5. Moisturize.  After allowing the toner to dry, it's to for some moisture.  Simple Nourishing 24hr Day/Night Cream.  Granted its a day/night cream, I on,y use this product at night.  I like the thickness of it, but I think it's too much to wear during the day. I take the cream and gently massage it into my face and neck.  This gives me the moisture I need for those dry places on my face.

So 5 steps isn't really that bad, when taking care of your skin right? LOL.

I purchased all of these products from drugstore.com.  You can also find these products at Walmart, Target, Walgreens, and your local drug stores.

Feel free to tell me what works for you....




Comments

Popular Posts