Springs pop of color

Pop Of Color Anyone?


I love Spring/Summer.  So many colors to play with.  Bold and Beautiful....


So how do I go from this HOT MESS....




To this....GORGEOUS ....



Here is what I used.  

I started off with a clean moisturized face.  My product of choice is Simple daily facial wash and Moisturizer.

After washing and moisturizing it's time to prime your face.  Starting with my eyes , I used ELF eyeshadow primer.  For the face Milk of Magnesia. This keeps oil from forming on my eye lids and nose.

My eyes:
For my eyes I used a black Gel eyeliner by Mabeline. After applying my base I used MAC's brown script as my transition color and to blend out the harsh line from they eyeliner.

After blending out the harsh lines I used brown script by MAC. After blending I added Carbon by MAC to my lid in packing motions.  You may still need to blend if any harsh lines do appear.  Remember blending is the key.  I also added a dark brown eyeshadow to the crease.  I used a palette that I ordered off of eBay years ago.  If you need to go back and add more color to your lid please do so.   When you are done it should look a little something like this :



Face:

Wipe off any fallout from under your eyes.   It's time to apply your foundation.  My foundation of choice is MAC's Match Masters 5.0.  I used my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply my foundation.  This provides a flawless application.  

Now that my foundation is applied it's time to conceal these eyes.  My choice of under eye concealer is LA Girl's Pro Concealer in beige and natural. I blend this all out with a damp beauty blender. After applying applying my concealer I then set it with my Ben Nye Bannana Powder. 

Contour:

For a dramatic contour I believe I used LA Girl 'a Pro Concealer in fawn and toast.  Again I blended every thing out with a damp beauty blender.

After blending I set my contour with my bronzed by MAC and set my foundation with my powder foundation by MAC.

Now back to the eyes... I reach for my Day & Night Palette from BH Cosmectics.  I choose a yellow color for the inner portion of my eye and I picked the hot pink eyeshadow for under my eyes...


Lastly I tight lined my upper and lower lash line and added lashes. I topped off the whole look with a nude lip gloss.  

The finished product:



So ther is my pop of color.. This was my first attempt at doing a dark smokey eye. I was scared to try it because I have a fear of looking like someone punched me in my eye.  After getting over my fear I find I love this look.


Keep in mind I am not a professional just someone who loves and studies makeup.

Bye for now!!!






























Comments

Popular Posts