LIL' KIM

What Happened?

Lil' Kim the original Queen Bee shocked the world recently with her latest pics that have surfaced on the internet. The shocking selfie was not a good shock, instead it  left people confused.  What happened to the Lil' Kim that we all fell in love with in 1996 when Hard Core was released?  The very female that screamed female empowerment, wore the sexiest of clothes, and screamed confidence no longer looked like herself.

Like most people when this pic surfaced I felt sad for her.  What was the need to change her entire appearance.  She no longer looked how we remembered.  Now don't get me wrong, we all have noticed her changing her look through out the years. Having higher cheekbones, fixing her nose, and bigger boobs we are use to.  We see this everyday with most of our favorite celebrities. The concern at this point is she no longer has any of her ethnic features.  How is it that she is lighter than I am?

It took me a while to decide whether I wanted to bring this up.  Only because of the fact that I am very much fair skinned.  I mean who am I to judge right?  I can say this, I have always been pale.  No amount of sun or tanning or makeup can change that.  This reminds me of when there was so much criticism and backlash from the Beyonce Super Bowl performance.  There were some people who didn't understand why anyone would want to be proud of their skin color.  Why scream black power?  For so long black men and women were told that their skin color was ugly.  Such names as Porch Monkey, Coon, and few other names described the color of a black person's skin.  Telling them that the lighter you are the better you off, thus causing so much self hatred amongst black women and men.  The end result, be proud of what you look like. Black is beautiful, right?  Even though times have changed there are still those who still believe that the lighter you are the more attractive you are. Most forget that the beautiful thing about being black is that we come in all colors.

Where did this girl go?

Reportly, Lil Kim claims that black is no lonnger beautiful.  In a previous interview, Lil Kim stated that her looks always haunted her and she has always felt insecure about her physical features and always had the desire to want to drastically change them.  As a child, her father always scrutinized and many of the men she has dated always cheated on her with fair-skinned women, "European Looking Women" with long hair. She always felt as if she couldn't compete with these beautiful women. She also admits that she has very low self esteem and she has always been that way.  People can tell her that she is cute, but she just doesn't see it.  The Lil' Kim in this pic was always cute to me. 


I did a google search just to see how she has changed through out the years.  Starting from when she did the MTV awards with her one boob out.  The search really showed how she has changed through out the years. Google Lil' Kim's name and see what you find.  Here are some of the pics I found.  If anything she was always cute, she just needed that one friend that said NO don't do that.

This is probably one of my fav pics of her.

Some of her different looks through out the years.

This is one of the most recent pics


Do you think that Lil' Kim is done now that she has reached her desired color?  If you admittedly have low self esteem how much will be enough?  You can fix everything on the outside but if you don't fix whats hurting you on the inside you will never be satisfied.  As a woman we are hard on our selves anyway.  We all see things on our body that we think should be different, we all have our own different insecurties.  With me, mine will always be having big boobs.  I have always had them, no matter how my weight goes up and down they don't budge. Could I change them? Yes.  Should I get them reduced? Yes.. LOL... Then there will be something else that I don't like. If I don't defeat what ever it is that made me insecure about them in the first place I will never be satisfied.  Neither will Kim, she is always going to find something about her she doesn't like.  The real question is, what will she tell her daughter?  I am sending her some super cyber hugs. 


"Let the world see your smile."

Comments

Popular Posts